Sunday, June 29, 2014

Let the Paleo Diet Begin!


Yes, I will admit it -- my joints are old!  So, any weight loss will definitely ease my knee pain while running.  I have decided that it is time to lose some unwanted pounds of fat.  Tomorrow morning, I will officially begin both my marathon training schedule and the Paleo Diet.

The Paleo Diet is all about eating the way our ancestors did -- it is a Hunter-Gatherer type of eating plan.  Basically, you eat lean meat, fish, shellfish, most veggies, fresh fruits, and nuts in moderation.  You avoid dairy, grains, starchy tubers (e.g., potatoes), and refined sugars.  If you are interested, I suggest purchasing the book for all the details.


I have enlisted several friends to embark on the Paleo Journey with me.  Today, we are going grocery shopping.  My grocery list includes the following items:
  • steak, turkey, free range chicken
  • salmon, tilapia, sardines
  • shrimp
  • chicken eggs
  • almonds, pecans
  • cantaloupe, peaches, plums, apples, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries
  • broccoli, cauliflower, tomatoes, lettuce, spinach
There is no need to count calories on the Paleo Diet.  Supposedly, I will be full from eating the "right" foods so I will not overeat.  Ahhh... time will tell.

The most difficult part will be cutting out the morning cappuccino.  I am going to do some research today to see if there is any possible way to just include this one little cheat!

And now, the fun begins... stay tuned for all the details!



No comments:

Post a Comment