Wednesday, July 30, 2014

A Great New Fitness App



I was recently asked to review a brand new app, called EveryMove.  The EveryMove App developers are on a mission to get the millions of Americans who are investing in their health "the recognition and real-life rewards that they deserve!"

The EveryMove Mobile App is available for iPhone (itunes app link) and for Android devices (Android app link).  I downloaded the app on my Samsung Galaxy phone and was ready to go! The app is very user-friendly -- the initial set-up, where I entered some personal information, took less than five minutes.  

EveryMove users earn points for hundreds of activities, not just for playing sports and participating in typical fitness exercises.  You can get points for yard work, moving boxes, and so many more every day activities.  I love that you can earn points for an active lifestyle without having to engage in a formal exercise program. The best part is that your EveryMove points translate into discounts on interesting items or donations to a charity.  

Although my original intentions were to test out the EveryMove App for the entire month of July, I had to have emergency oral surgery on July 9th and was unable to do any form of exercise for two weeks; so, I was only able to "test drive" the app from July 24th through July 30th.  Below are some screenshots of my data from the past week -- as you can see in the second screenshot, I got enough points in my first week to receive 30 percent off my purchase from the Zeta Technology Group (FYI... I earned my first 300 points by just "joining the movement).  Prior to reviewing my choices for a reward to earn, I had not even heard about the Zeta Technology Group -- my guess is that many people do not know about this group; therefore, it seems logical that companies could benefit from offering rewards through EveryMove.


My EveryMove Profile Page


My EveryMove Activities -- see points awarded for each activity!



My EveryMove Activity Insights -- each color represents a different classification of activity.

One of the most awesome features of the EveryMove App is its seamless integration feature which allows you to sync your EveryMove App data with hundreds of tracking devices, fitness applications, and even gym equipment.  I have not had an opportunity to sync to the Garmin Connect yet, but certainly plan to do so in the near future.  Below is a screenshot showing some of the very many sync options:


EveryMove App Connects With Many Other Health & Fitness Apps and Activity Trackers

EveryMove believes that we "sweat better together."  So, they have made it easy to join their online community where you can connect with your friends, co-workers, and family to cheer each other on and compete on leaderboards.  So far, I have connected my EveryMove app to Facebook, but have not yet checked out the full online community nor the leaderboards.  I am very self-motivated so I do not personally need this feature; however, I love motivating and encouraging others and plan to use this feature once my personal training clients join the EveryMove Movement

Another great feature of EveryMove are the congratulatory emails that I get every time I am rewarded with a badge or an active day bonus.  I am currently in the process of moving from one home to another in the same town and am getting many bonuses for my three to five hour packing-and moving-boxes-days. Unfortunately, moving is a tremendous hassle and this is certainly not my favorite way to exercise.  I prefer to run, run, run!!!

I strongly recommend the EveryMove App!  Download the app and let's compare notes.  I look forward to your thoughts about this awesome app in the Comments Section below this post.  

So, what are you waiting for???


Join the EveryMove Movement today!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment